Friday, September 26, 2014

Suburb #43 Kenny

Did you know Canberra had a suburb called Kenny. Well yes it does and it was suburb #43.

Kenny is rather oddly named after Elizabeth Kenny who pioneered practices which apparently served as the foundations of physiotherapy and was used to treat polio patients. For the streets to have a theme here, there would have to be some - well more that two anyway...

Alas Kenny is also another suburb without a sign....and an identity complex with most things in Kenny claiming to be in other suburbs.


Kenny is basically two rural properties which I believe are called Bendoura and Canberra Park...




Plus the Farmers markets....how ashamed I am as a supposed fake foodie for not having been here before! I blame the early morning opening hours... But wow. So coming back here to shop for my next dinner party.









 .


My hoard of goodies...


In Kenny, there is also the Mitchell, but not in Mitchell, 'resource management centre' - how cool is that euphemism. I wonder if they dispose of bodies here too...certainly this is where mattresses go when they have passed beyond our world :p Managed to pick up a gorgeous umbrella and some black and red satin pillows here. Alas I couldn't carry home one of the pianos...




I am wondering if I have a secret admirer. I keep finding them in the suburbs I visit. I choose to believe someone is leaving them there for me to find :) OK unlikely but a a girl has to dream right?


Oh and I forgot the shipping containers...less romantic but impressive nevertheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment