Friday, January 17, 2014

Suburban journey

With everyone doing all these 365 grateful type projects, it made me realise just how grateful I am that I had the opportunity to move to and live in Canberra.

While most Australians consider it a "waste of a good sheep paddock", and think its dull and boring and full of roundabouts (ok so that last bit is true), I feel very very lucky to live here. This city, which I believe is oddly much more accepting than its much larger sisters Sydney and Melbourne, enabled me to meet my partner, gave me a job that forced me to become a better person in many ways and constantly challenges me no matter how much I sometimes complain about it, and allowed me to create my own new "canberra family" of kindred spirits....plus it has pretty cherry blossoms in spring and bright beautiful days even in the middle of winter :)

My defacto father-in-law is also constantly telling me I should see more of Australia.I never want to stop travelling the world, but he has a point. Its a bit odd when I have probably seen more of Singapore than Tuggeranong.

So, anyway, as a result, this year I want to do something different with this blog. I will still be filling it with pictures of Canberra, but this year I will be trying to visit every single suburb in Canberra and see if I can have some new and unexpected adventures in my own back yard.

In each of the 100+ suburbs, if I can, I want to take at least one photo of: something old, something new, something very canberran, something unexpected and something beautiful. Others might find this weird or lame - but hey its for me and not for you. And the lovely Mr Annabel has kindly agreed to come along for the ride...

1 comment:

  1. I thnk this is the opposite to weird and lame - I've been enjoying catching up on this. Love it! Thanks to you and Jay

    ReplyDelete