Saturday, February 20, 2016

Suburb #87 Bonython

Oops sorry Bonython I visited you weeks ago and then got distracted and didn't write about you :( Only three more suburbs to do in  the deep south and then Tuggers will be done...

Bonython is named after Sir John Langdon Bonython. He was a member of the first Australian parliament and also owned the Advertiser in Adelaide.

I believe that this suburb was originally supposed to be known as Stranger. I believe some of my friends who live there would have liked that :p The streets are named after South Australians, especially journalists.


I started my adventures here wandering around Stranger pond....which is not really very strange in fact it is quite beautiful.



The houses across the road from here have a pretty good deal I think :)



Next stop was further up the hill to grazing lands that were used by the airforce for bombing training during WWII - which I am sure the sheep dd not appreciate.



Down towards the other side of Bonython the suburb starts to feel quite different...and there are some interesting housing choices...







Final stop was the little local shops...with the confusing sign for an imaginary traffic island...


I could have kept wandering but the weather started to look a little scary...

And the amount of people wandering around wrapped in Australian flags (it was Australia day - I assume this doesn't happen all the time....) started to unnerve me.


But all in all I really enjoyed my Bonython adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment