Friday, April 10, 2015

Suburb #68 Conder

Next stop was Conder, almost at the Southern tip of Canberra....I was looking forward to this, as I previously had a great visit to Banks next door...but well I have got to say... it didn't quite turn out as I hoped...

Conder is named after artist Charles Conder. A member of the Heidleberg School alongside Tom Roberts and Arthur Streeton. He painted stuff and then died of syphilis or 'general paresis of the insane' as it was known then.

The streets in Condor are also named after artists.


We started our adventures of Conder at the shops - the Lanyon Market Place. It was a Market Place surely it had to be great yeah? Mmm...no...my lunch made me sick. Beware the Dancing Noodle!





Nevertheless, it was all worth it for the Hot Chickens sign (my chickens will understand :p).


Like Banks, Conder does have some beautiful views though....and it was exciting to see the autumn leaves start to appear...




But I really do question the need for people to build their mega mansions....




And why streets (as opposed to intersections) require roundabouts? Is it so people have to stop to look at the big houses?


But at least I found proof that people with money can build nice houses...


And a cool bird...


Plus some great playground equipment that I could lie on and groan about my stomach pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment