Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Suburb #86 Holder

For Suburb #86 I decided to finish off the Weston area...with the South of Canberra getting pretty close to being done now! :)

Holder is named after Sir Frederick William Holder - a former premier of South Australia and the first ever Speaker in the House of Representatives. He died of a brain hemmorhage following an accident with a mule.

The streets are named after Australian surveyors.


I started my adventures at the rather sleepy holder shops...well sleepy apart from the happy 'wildlife' and a possible serious drug problem :p




Then it was off to explore the suburb more broadly - I actually quite liked the feel of this place - some interesting little streets and more variety in terms of housing design than some of the other suburbs. And they even have their own Hilton hotel :p




Further North there is also an archery centre and an impressive community garden... and even a Sukyo Mahikari religious centre...I had never even heard of this new Japanese religion before, but there you go, Canberra has everything :p





But on this hot and unusually humid Canberra day, I really could have just sat and watched the remarkable clouds from alongside Weston creek...It was like a constable painting.




Thank you Holder a lovely end to my Weston adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment