Friday, November 28, 2014

Suburb #53 Evatt

Suburb no. 53 was Evatt in Belconnen, which I had been wanting to visit since I saw Doc Evatt's grave on my adventures in Woden cemetary.

So yes - this suburb is named after Herbert Vere Evatt, a former justice of the high court, who was also....chief justice of NSW, Leader of the ALP, third president of the UN General Assembly, Chairman of the UN Atomic Energy Commission and the Attorney General. I mean geez what a slacker!

The streets in Evatt are named after lawyers and people associated with parliament.


We started our adventures in the parkland to the south of the suburb that runs alongside Ginninderra creek. It was gorgeous wandering through the fields of yellow...



 Along the shaded paths.....



Through the grassy fields...


And across the 'amazing bridge'.... on such a beautiful Canberra summer day.


I was pretty excited to meet some new friends too...


And find a park where you can play Twister :)



I must admit the rest of Evatt did not enchant me quite so much....


But there are amazing views back towards Belconnen (*waves* at Helen)....


While the shops have seen better days....you can buy a scary pink meringue monster...



There is also a Tibetan Buddhist society nearby, where you can do intensive Tibetan language courses, which was unexpected....



I also just love these eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment