Friday, February 21, 2014

Suburb # 11 Hackett

Next stop was Hackett - a place I had only previously visited once to look at a house that I couldn't afford to buy.

Hackett is named after a newspaper editor called Sir John Winthrop Hackett (no more cough medicine jokes please...). I had never heard of this guy, but apparently he gets kudos for work helping bring our country together as a Federation, plus to get women the vote in WA.

Streets here are named after scientists - hence I recognised none of the names at all.


Unfortunately my aching head made our Hackett visit quite short.I think I really need to go back here sometime to have a proper look around. I also want to have a few drinks at the cafe/pub at the shops which seemed awesome and has yummy gf cakes :)

Overall, I had a good feeling about this suburb though...some lovely houses, as well as the usual north inner north reddish brick townhouse/flats, and its so close to the bush despite not being far from civic either. I felt sad for the panda though :(


No comments:

Post a Comment